India is a vast South Asian country with diverse terrain – from Himalayan peaks to Indian Ocean coastline – and history reaching back 5 millennia. In the north, Mughal Empire landmarks include Delhi’s Red Fort complex and massive Jama Masjid mosque, plus Agra’s iconic Taj Mahal mausoleum. Pilgrims bathe in the Ganges in Varanasi, and Rishikesh is a yoga centre and base for Himalayan trekking.
Maharashtra is one of the biggest state in India which is vast for tourism. Aurangabad is a city in Maharashtra state known as capital of tourism. It´s known for 12th century from very marvelous fort to the war against Mughal in 16th century. It’s also known for the 17th-century marble Bibi ka Maqbara shrine, styled on the Taj Mahal. North of the city, the Aurangabad Caves comprise ancient, rock-cut Buddhist shrines. West of the city, battlements surround the medieval Daulatabad Fort.Few miles away you can explore the valley of Sufism, where around 1400 sufists came to reside.
Tips for travelling in India:
- India is huge with 2nd most population, keep your tickets booked.
- Always get local guides or tour agency from visiting place for more detailed information.
- Use your hands – it’s fun!
- Family home dining is a pleasure
- Eat exclusively from respectable restaurants that are busy
- Consider becoming a vegetarian while you’re there.
- Coconut water is amazing.
- Chai is great in the early morning.
- Do your research before arriving at a particular place.
- You will need to carry cash.
- Learn to understand the famous “head wobble”.
- Be open to understanding the many different accents
- Look for fixed rate shops if you don’t want to bargain
- Plan ahead, and know exactly where you’re going.
- Avoid going out after dark.
How to reach Aurangabad:
- Many direct trains in early morning, afternoon and late night, it takes 6-7 hours.
- Flight takes only 45mins if you can afford it.
- Bus journey is too long but not bad for the night journey, takes 8 hours.
- Direct trains in night and afternoon time, it takes 25 hours.
- Flight takes 1h50 but bit costy.
- Bus journey will be too long so we suggest to not travel by bus.